Saturday, August 6, 2011

Surname Saturday: Frew

I keep hitting that 'brick wall' genealogists talk about with the name Frew.
In researching my maternal genealogy I find my second great grandmother's maiden name was Frew. Her parents were Eliza Duff (6 Jan., 1834- 28 Jul., 1891) and James G. Frew (1 Apr.,1928-21 May, 1898).
Census show James G.'s parents are most likely James Sr. and Jane unknown.
Jane Frew with her chiildren appear in multiple SW Pennsylvania census with Jane and then James G. as household heads. James Sr. is questionably absent until he reappears living with a daughter,  her husband and children when he is in his twilight years.
Jane's and James(Sr.)'s children are: David (1825), James G. (1828-1898), Hannah (1831), Isabella(1834), and Nancy(1835).
I found another couple James and Jane Frew in Blount, Tennessee that parallel the ages and lives of this Pennsylvania couple but no link to them.
I can find many references to Frews in records but this is as far back as I can link my Frews.
Is anyone researching Frews and has found links to Westmoreland, Fayette or Allegheny counties in southwestern PA.? I know Eliza and James G. Frew's daughter is buried in West Newton, Pa with her husband and his parents, the Cochenours.
I would love to share what info I have found. Is anyone searching the Frew family?

No comments:

Post a Comment